Funder TFL Decorative Panels
Since 1973, architects, designers, and specifiers along with builders and manufacturers have trusted Funder America as their source for high quality thermally fused laminate (TFL), also known as thermofused melamine (TFM).
Funder TFL decorative panels are:
- Available in a broad spectrum of sizes, thicknesses, textures, and designs.
- Perfect for office furniture, closet system components, store fixtures and cabinets.
- An appropriate spec in healthcare, hospitality, commercial and retail settings.
- An excellent option for designers and specifiers due to the performance, design flexibility and cost advantages.
How It's Made
Funder TFL is made by fusing a resin-impregnated sheet of décor paper directly to a substrate such as particleboard or MDF. Heat and pressure activate the resin in the saturated TFL sheet, creating a permanent bond with the substrate. Steel press plates are used to create textures to heighten the realism of wood grain, stone or abstract designs and to control the gloss level of the surface.
TFL Cores / Substrates:
- Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
- Plywood / Veneer Core
Core / Substrate Options:
- CARB Phase 2 Formaldehyde Emissions Limits
- Ultra-low-emitting formaldehyde (ULEF)
- No-added formaldehyde (NAF)
- Moisture resistant
Funder TFL complies with the formaldehyde emission standards specified in US EPA TSCA Title VI (40 C.F.R Par 770.10) and CARB ATCM 93120.2(A) Phase 2.